Sunday 8 April 2012

DIY: How To Peplum Skirt

Hey guys,

I feel like I'm really getting into this whole sewing thing, i think its possibly my new obsession. I'm changing my whole wardrobe one thing at a time ha ha.

Today it was my Polka dot/spotted navy pencil skirt, Ive never worn it because it was always too long and i never got round to fixing the length, which now I'm glad for my laziness because hey presto its now a peplum skirt.

BEFORE
 Not suitable for a petite girl like myself as it was not too far from my ankles.

What i used.

Pencil skirt
Sewing machine and cotton
Scissors
Pins


To Start, there was a slit up the back of the skirt so i used that as a guide of how short i was going to have it.


I just cut straight across from the slit and with the piece i cut off i then cut that in half


And on to hemming, i hemmed the bottom of the skirt and the two sides of each piece i cut off leaving one raw edge on the fabric pieces.

With the raw edge i pinned it right side facing down upwards towards the waist so when stitched and folded down it appears stream line. I also left a gap at the front and around the zip at the back.

With it pinned at the front and back i created small pleats at the front towards the sides.
Once stitched i cut off any excess cotton and fabric. And Finished

A reminder

BEFORE
 AND AFTER!!!!!
A lovely addition to my wardrobe :)

Any questions please feel free to ask.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment